Friday 22 May 2009

HOT: Natural Tucker Bakery, 809 Nicholson Street, Carlton North

RM loves scones, but he is also deeply suspicious of anything organic, vegetarian or heaven forbid, vegan. When I spied the fruit-packed vegan scones lovely stacked at counter of the Natural Tucker Bakery ($1.50), I thought I’d take an epicurial risk anyway - and let me tell you, we agree that they are possibly some of the best scones we have ever had. We haven't been able to work out what ingredients they've replaced for the eggs, milk and butter, but they were so good that RM contemplated a 30 minute walk up to Nicholson Village to stock up on some more.

1 comment:

  1. You know there is/was a pest infestation at that bakery, I personally saw vermin droppings on the racks that hold the uncooked bread just recently.

    ReplyDelete