Friday 24 April 2009

NOT: Little Cupcakes, Shop 7 Degraves St, Melbourne 3000

Aww - I feel dastardly giving cute candy-striped Little Cupcakes a NOT. But really, it's only because their red velvet cupcake ($4) didn't compare favourably to the red velvet cupcake from London's Hummingbird Bakery. The cream cheese icing and the flavours were right, but it was just a bit too crumbly for my taste. Perhaps it was just that batch - I'll give it another go next time I'm enroute to Flinders St station.

4 comments:

  1. Have you seen the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook? I just bought it for my friend's birthday. Am hoping to be invited around for afternoon tea soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I know about the book. I wondered whether I should buy it to start my cupcake business in Melbourne. Let me know whether the recipes turn out well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Joyce, you can't be comparing stuff to London now in your Melb Hot or Not - you will most certainly be accused of some form of Melbourne-bashing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on the library waiting list now for the Hummingbird cookbook. I'm pretty sure that the recipes, combined with my Kitchenaid, will be able to produce cupcakes to rival Little Cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete