Thursday 2 April 2009

HOT: City Wine Shop, 159 Spring St, Melbourne 3000

So, the end. Or rather, a beginning....

Tonight marked the official end of my two years' journey overseas - I was back in Melbourne for good. I didn't have a job, a permanent place to live and half my friends weren't around any more. RM and Tranzie were waiting for me at City Wine Shop to mark the occasion.

RM and I turned up at the restaurant and on a balmy night, we were lucky to find an outside table. I said to RM 'oh, let's grab another two chairs for Tranzie' and he responded oddly 'oh, we'll just grab the chairs when they turn up'. Then a bottle of Mount Pleasant turned up at the table, even though I didn't drink wine. More oddness. Then RM walked out with a large package and I thought to myself 'oh goody, a welcome back to Melbourne present - I bet it's a Kitchenaid!'.

Little did I realise that I would only receive the Kitchenaid if I said yes. Well, what's a girl to do? Both the man and the machine came with a lifetime guarantee and without even a second's thought I knew that my life would only be complete if I could have both.

The rest of the night was a bit of a blur - we were a bit stunned by our new found engaged status. I think the spaghetti with meatballs might have been quite good....

No comments:

Post a Comment