Tuesday 2 June 2009

HOT: Peter Watson, 113 St David St, Fitzroy


Peter Watson supply their ‘seriously good food’ spices, sauces, marinades, oils and condiments to hotels and restaurants around Australia. You can also buy their sleek, black-labelled goods from the small neat store which adjoins their kitchen factory off Smith St. I’m still in the midst of the stocking up my new pantry, and I confess sometimes I’m easily distracted from the essentials: flour, sugar and salt, to digress into Cuban Abado, Barbados Bajan Seasoning, Asian Dry Marinade and Quince and Chocolate Jam (at 50% off!).

Update 15 June 2009: With winter soup season starting, I've been needing a lot of chicken stock lately. So RM and I have partaken in two roast chickens in as many weeks and we agree that the Cuban Abado and Barbados Bajan Seasoning, rubbed into the skins with olive oil and lemon juice, have been superb.

No comments:

Post a Comment