Monday 29 June 2009

HOT: NGV Members Lounge, NGV Australia, Federation Square, Melbourne

Benefits of unemployment #15: the opportunity to go meander through an art gallery when the crowds are at work.

Or if you're an NGV Member, skip the gallery all together and head straight for the Members Lounge. My new membership has practically saved me money as I've imbibed numerous mugs of complimentary peppermint tea (saved $3), chewed on a stale biscuit (saved $1), read the day's Age, Herald Sun, Australian and Financial Review (saved $6.80) and the leisurely flicked through a pristine copy of the latest issue of Vogue (saved $7.95). All this in calm surroundings overlooking the bustle of the Federation Square atrium. I regularly go and hide in the Members Lounge of NGV International too - I'm the one in the corner hogging all the fashion mags.

No comments:

Post a Comment